Please submit your E-Poster as a single page PDF document observing the following rules and recommendations:
- Submission in portrait mode with an aspect ratio of 16 to 9“, i.e. the E-Poster should be wider than taller.
- Recommended document size is 38.1 cm x 67.73 cm with a resolution of 150 DPI.
- Please refrain from using animations or videos
- Restrict your document to a single page
- The posters will be displayed in seven sets on Thurday and Friday
- The time allocated is not more than 5 minutes, Followed by up to 3 minutes for discussion.
For creating your contribution, Microsoft PowerPoint® may be used as a tool (among others). In versions 2013 and 2016 of PowerPoint® a new E-Poster can be set up and finally exported following these steps:
- To properly set up a new document before editing please select Design > Slide Size > Custom Slide Size… > Slides sized for “Widescreen” and Orientation > Slides “Portrait”
- Final export into a PDF document can be performed via File > Save As > Save as type: PDF (*.pdf).
If you cannot abandon animations and videos, it is possible to alternatively submit a PowerPoint® presentation or a single video file. However, in this case the E-Poster application’s zoom function – known from modern Smartphones – will not be available for your contribution.
Please submit PowerPoint® presentations including videos using the “.pptx” file format and make sure that all required video files are indeed embedded in the presentation file.
Video files should be provided in one of the popular codecs H.264, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG- 4 (DivX, Xvid) and Windows Media while using one of the following file containers: AVI, MPG, MKV, WMV, MOV or MP4.
Generally, please keep in mind when designing your document that your E-Poster will be presented on large 52-inch LCD screens during the event. An additional touchscreen connected to the system allows for searching and selecting a document for the interactive presentation view.
By using touch gestures known from modern mobile devices E-Posters can be zoomed in in order to bring out specific parts during the interactive presentation view (only for submissions in PDF format). Thereby the section of the document selected on the touchscreen will be maximized on the large LCD screen while retaining its aspect ratio at all times. (Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ndd6scqKXk)